Sunday, March 16, 2008

Confronting Tyranny and Stupidity: What Works? --
My talk at the Democracy Teach-in


Below are links to the edited YouTube version of the talk I gave at the teach-in on democracy held at Rensselaer, October 24, 2007. This version contains the overhead slides I used to illustrate some ideas. Please click on each of the segments separately in order, otherwise YouTube may direct you to the earlier version, out of sequence and without the slides! Unfortunately, the parallels I was suggesting in the talk seem increasingly apparent.

Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3:



(My thanks to Ethan Bach for the video editing.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    I truly hope this is photo shopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 AM

    There are several Bruce's. Indeed there are two RPI faculty who are Edward Bruce's. One of them, Bruce Nauman, is among the very few who dare openly confront the current administration. Langdon Winner, although not a Bruce, is another. All too many of the tenured professors whisper to each other but fear retribution from an obviously vindictive administration. Perhaps I too am a coward by failing to sign this note.

    ReplyDelete